ICEACSA HAS BEEN AWARDED THE CONTRACT FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF HYDROELECTRIC EXPLOITATIONS IN THE GALICIA-COSTA DEMARCATION
ICEACSA Grupo WILL SUPPORT AUGAS DE GALICIA IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ALL THE TECHNICAL WORK RELATING TO THE MANAGEMENT OF HYDROELECTRIC PROJECTS, AS WELL AS THEIR ADAPTATION TO HYDROLOGICAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS
AUGAS DE GALICIA awarded ICEACSA Consultores, SLU the contract for support and technical assistance in the management of hydroelectric developments and their adaptation to hydrological planning and other environmental regulations in the territorial area of the hydrographic demarcation of Galicia-Costa.
The territorial scope of the contract currently has a total of 73 hydroelectric jumps in operation, which means an installed power of 520.95 MW and an estimated annual production of 1,737.48 GWh. 74% of the hydroelectric production in Galicia-Costa is generated by 9 large plants, with an installed power of over 10 MW, while the remaining 26% is produced by 64 mini-plants, with an installed power of less than 10 MW.
ICEACSA Consultores, SLU will carry out the work of technical and environmental supervision of all documentation relating to applications for new concessions of hydroelectric developments, the processing of construction projects and sectoral concessions granted, as well as the review and termination of concessions completed. Complementarily, the monitoring and control of all hydroelectric developments under construction and operation will be carried out.